The Final Countdown: Ramen Pizza!!!

Don't miss parts One, Two, Three, or Four of Ramen Week!

Here it is, folks: the coup de gras of Ramen Week! My dear friend Sarah is the genius behind ramen pizza, and she doesn't even know it - until now!

A few weeks ago, when I was trying to conceptualize Ramen Week and all the dishes I would adapt, I was consulting her on genres/cultures of food, without filling her in on the intended purpose. I was looking for 5 different ideas, and all either of us could come up with was, "Hmmm, Italian, Mexican, Asian....". Suddenly, she offered, "Pizza? Ha ha", and the idea was born! I told her she saved Christmas/Festivus/New Years, and I secretly got to work!

Though scientific and culinary curiosity prevailed, I will be perfectly honest - I was extremely wary of this recipe. I predicted that no matter how hard I would try, there was no way at all it would turn out edible, much less palatable.

HOW. WRONG. I. WAS. Ramen pizza CAN be done, and it CAN be very pleasing to the eye and palette!

To be safe, I took a tried and true homemade pizza recipe, and adapted it to fit my ramen needs.



1 package of instant noodles, KEEP the packet this time
4 cups fresh spinach, I use the pre-bagged kind
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 and 1/2 T. of olive oil, divided (I ran out so canola is the stand-in)
salt + pepper
1/2 T. dried basil
1/2 T. dried oregano
1 12-inch premade pizza crust
3 minced garlic cloves, or equivalent
1/2 to 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat the oven to 375, and get your noodles started.

Saute the spinach, mushrooms, salt, pepper, basil, oregano, and RAMEN SPICE PACKET together in 1/2 T. of oil.

Rub the pizza crust with the other tablespoon of oil, and the minced garlic. Spread your drained noodles evenly over the crust, then do the same with the spinach/mushroom mixture.

Sprinkle the mozz on top and pop it in the oven for 15 minutes or until done.



Stand back, everyone, I've officially ripped a hole in the Geek Space-Time Continuum. Now we can be sure to get enough nourishment from both major food groups (ramen and pizza) during those long WoW jags!

Recipe adapted from The Healthy Calendar!

No comments: