Savory Cheese Biscuits - Great British Baking Project

 Hey Readers!

This was the last recipe I made and posted to Instagram before quitting due to time and cost barriers, and it was super delicious!

They look burnt but were really good!  The challenge was to make 36 savory biscuits (AKA crackers,) and I chose cheese crackers as a safe bet.

Originally posted to Instagram:

Cheese Biscuits! Or cheese crackers in American 😜

My next challenge was to make a simple biscuit/cracker recipe, and I chose cheese because cheese is the best, right?

I used a Mary Berry recipe, and it was pretty simple so that even a fool like myself could succeed: flour, salt, dry mustard, butter, cheese, and egg. Mix and roll out and egg wash and bake! Easy peasy!

I got a little fancy with my cheese. The recipe calls for plain cheddar but I did a third of Kerrygold Dubliner, and two thirds of good old Stop and Shop brand taco cheese. I also used a mix of all purpose and self rising flours, but the gamble has paid off. The crackers are a bit taller than usual, but they still taste enough like Better Cheddars to keep me coming back for more!

I think I will enjoy “Biscuit Week.”

Yum!

M

No comments: