Spinach and Mushroom Pizza


All recipes are part of the Healthy Calendar adventure!.

Pizza!

This homemade pizza was absolutely delightful! It was also very nostalgic for me because my Dad and I used to make homemade pizza back in the day. We used the Pillsbury raw crust (the one that would explode out of the container and probably caused some injuries to someone) and would top with sauce and shredded cheese. This used to be one of my favorite things to eat when I was a kid because it was like the first food I ever "cooked", so I felt totally grown-up and awesome. This pizza was almost as easy as those!

I used a pre-packaged readymade crust for this pizza, and rubbed it with olive oil and garlic. I sauteed the fresh spinach and mushrooms with some oil, salt, pepper, basil, and oregano. I spread this mixture onto the pan, followed that with some shredded cheese, and popped in the oven for a bit. The picture above is the pizza before its mystical journey into the oven.



Here's the finished product served with a fresh salad. This pizza was very healthy because spinach and mushrooms are so important! The spinach is great for regulating the heart, fighting free radicals and cancers, and supplying iron, calcium, Vitamin A, and more. The mushrooms provide three of the B Vitamins, as well as potassium and selenium, the latter of which is helpful in fighting prostate cancer.

In reality, this fate would never have befallen Popeye!

1 comment:

afterthegoldrush said...

I will go to my grave a happy pappy, knowing that I taught you two of life's most precious gifts.
How to make a homemade pizza, and how to find the funniest freakin' videos on the weird wide web!