Fauxsage and Potato Soup


All recipes are adapted from the Healthy Calendar.

This entry is important for two reasons!

First, this dish was the best soup I've ever had!

Second, this entry marks ENTRY 100 in my blog! Woooooo, happy anniversary to me!!

I reiterate, this soup was the best soup I've ever had! It's like a "meat-and-potatoes" kinda meal in a bowl. Also, it's simple and very friendly on the dishes, which I like. It only has a cup of milk in the whole batch, making it the perfect 'half-creamy' soup, where it's not quite a broth soup and it's not quite a cream soup! My favorite kind!

Fauxsage and Potato Soup
cooking spray
4pack of fauxsage (or your preferred sausage) links, sliced
1 1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup diced carrot
2 T. all purpose flour
3 14.5 oz cans of veggie broth
4 medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced
1/2 t. dried sage
1/2 t. dried pepper
1 bay leaf
1 C. fat-free milk

1. Coat a large soup pot with cooking spray. Cook fauxsage for 2 minutes. Add onion, celery, and carrots and cook another 5-7 minutes or until beginning to brown.

2. Add flour, stirring well. Cook for 2 minutes. Add broth, potatoes, sage, pepper, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, scraping brown bits at the bottom of the pan. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are done (about 20 minutes).

3. Add milk and simmer 2 more minutes; do not boil. Remove bay leaf before serving.

1 comment:

Blog Editor said...

Now that the weather has changed, you can't get enough grilled salmon/chicken, asparagus and corn/peppers/tomatos. For the record I am a charcoal man; I do not endorse propane, or propane accessories.