Stuffed Peppers


All recipes are part of the Healthy Calendar adventure!.

Well, it seems as though I forgot to take a picture of the meal the night before this one, but you weren't missing much. It was Mac & Cheese, but undercheesed! I ran out of cheese so it was ugly and bland, though salvageable with a sprinkling of my Holy Trinity (black pepper, cayenne, and garlic powder). No big loss!

The next night I made stuffed peppers, which were delicious and not as complicated as I imagined they would be. Always a plus. To make these I cut the tops off six peppers and boiled them for a few minutes. During this time, I cooked together a pound of ground turkey and an onion. Then I added some cooked rice, garlic, pepper, and a can of diced tomatoes. I shoveled the mix into my motley assortment of peppers (most of which were not structurally sound enough to stand upright), and baked for half an hour.

They came out so delicious and so cool and cute! I love self-contained food; and stuffed peppers even come with their own hats/lids.

So, Maryland is in a state of emergency. Which means I can't work or go to school. Sigh. So much for getting my work (and by proxy, my pay) schedule back on track. Meh, I'll try to see what I can get worked out with my supervisor by maybe taking these snow days as 'sick days' instead. 'Cause, dammit, if it weren't a freakin' felony to drive right now, I would go to work.

No comments: