Turkey Chili


All recipes are part of the Healthy Calendar adventure!.

This entry was almost a disaster, because I forgot to take a picture of this dish at first! What you see here is most of what was left in the dish before I gobbled up the remainder. Pretty nice close-up though, if I do say so myself.

This chili was delicious, and also reminded me of the chili my dad used to make. Except no beef and probably way less salt.

Well this turkey chili was pretty basic, but on the plus side, very easy! I browned the ground turkey, and removed it so I could saute the green pepper (not pictured?) and onion. Then I threw the turkey back in, along with two cans of diced tomatoes(no salt added), two cans of kidney beans, and a chili seasoning packet. Normally I would just make my own seasoning, but I had a coupon for the seasoning this time! Plus I was in the mood for something quick, and this was it!

I almost had a freakout because I forgot to buy chips to eat with this! What an offensive thought! I ended up breaking up some semi-stale tostadas I had lying in the pantry and using those for chips.

This was probably the first time the book actually called for ground turkey, instead of me just substituting it for beef. I feel like the more I learn about nutrition, the more I question this book. Sure, it is written by someone with more titles than Stephen King, but still!

There are many things in this book I don't think are suitable for diabetics, where they essentially cop out by making the serving size only 1/2 a cup. I'm not making two dinners, people!

Now, I have no complaints with this particular recipe, just saying...This recipe was overall pretty healthy, though it could do with some more veggies!

It snowed here. That is all.

No comments: