Blacked Catfish Tilapia


All recipes are part of the Healthy Calendar adventure!.

Well, I still have a plethora of old stuff with which to entertain you guys! I can use some sleight-of-blog to distract you all until I'm back and running! I'm not entirely sure if I'm giving up Healthy Calendar for good, as it is pretty much my livelihood now, and with a well-played strategy, it is not and will not set me back as much as it would seem. Time will tell.

So here is another fish. Another strikethrough fish! Once again, I am using tilapia in place of a weirder fish. I've caught catfish before, and I really just can't get down with the creepiness of this bottom feeder. And I make a point not to eat anything with an evil mustache. Also, I have no idea where to acquire catfish unless I actually did go out to the Slime-comico and fish it up myself! No thanks.

Well, this recipe was certainly easy to throw together. The tilapia had a southwestern feel, since I covered it in a rub of paprika, cayenne, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. While it seared, I heated some frozen veggies that I tossed with the same combo of spices. That's all!

I'm still not sure if I like tilapia or not. I think it is more prone to be 'fishy' which I'm not a huge fan of (yet another reason I like sushi best!), and it always makes me think I'm eating something gone bad. Who knows.

Well, I will continue to post my backlogs of food while I still have them!

No comments: