Pecan Chicken & Spaghetti Squash


All recipes are part of the Healthy Calendar adventure!.

This was my first time making spaghetti squash, and I have to say, it was delicious and fun! This was also my first time using cereal to crust a chicken, and that was also great! I'm sick, so you'll have to forgive my horrendous prose here. My brain is clogged so my choice of words will probably be lacking!

So here's how I did it: I roasted the squash for about an hour and started on the chicken. I dipped the chickens in flour, eggs, and coated them with a mixture of branflakes, pecans, garlic salt, & onion salt. Then I arranged them on a baking dish to cook for the last forty minutes with the squash. Wow, I make it sound so easy!

The squash came out of the oven, and then came the fun part that gives spaghetti squash its name! I shredded the meat with a fork to make spaghetti-like shreds. Over this, I drizzled some olive oil, and tossed it with grated cheese, salt, and pepper. Delicious! The crunchy crust on the chicken was wonderful too!

This meal was a nice, comforting winter dish! And since the smallest squash I could find was six pounds, we were eating it for a while!

No comments: