Peanut-Crusted Cod Tilapia


All recipes are part of the Healthy Calendar adventure!.

If this doesn't look appetizing to you, don't worry, it just means that you are still sane.

Actually, it wasn't so bad, I just don't think I'm a huge fan of tilapia. I chose tilapia over cod because that is what was on sale at the time. I've had tilapia since then too, and it wasn't the greatest. I figured out that it was Giant-brand frozen fish that I've been buying for all these meals - I thought it was something fancy; I guess not!

I think my main complaint was my utter inefficiency at preparing this meal. I spent twenty minutes shelling the peanuts that I bought in-shell to save a buck, and then another twenty minutes thawing the fish. No. Not at the same time. Sigh.

By the time I got everything straightened out, the meal itself took about ten minutes to prepare. I dredged the fish through a flour/cayenne mixture, dipped them in some egg whites, and pressed them into the chopped peanuts on one side. Then the fishies went into a buttered pan for about five minutes on both sides. I served this with the leftover salad from the night before. The flavors were decent together, but they probably would have been better if I had run the peanuts through a processor to get a finer coating.

Okay, I spent all day at work, then grocery shopping, then two hours of educational reading....time to relax!!

No comments: