Tortellini Soup


All recipes are part of the Healthy Calendar adventure!.

So, let me tell you about my textbook fiasco. For a copy of a second-to-most-recent edition of my nutrition textbook, the list price is TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS! I wouldn't pay two hundred dollars for a Bible autographed by Jesus! Okay, maybe I would, but I still wouldn't be able to afford it. Though the resell value would put me back in the black...

Either way, I bought a copy off Half.com for only 42 bucks with shipping and handling, and it arrived yesterday. I've fully read the first two chapters (which was homework for tomorrow), and I can honestly say it was the first time I've ever read a full chapter in a textbook. In grade school, I would usually skim the chapter without retaining any information, or just read the captions and side blurbs. I was actually interested in this enough to be able to read a textbook and I think that's amazing.

I'm also learning a lot of unfriendly statistics that will shock and educate you! But I'll save those for a later date!

Tortellini soup! This is a mediocre picture since I took it while the food was still smokin' hot(literally), but this soup was fantastic!

I started by sauteeing some turkey sausage and an onion in the soup pot, then added a tablespoon of red wine vinegar, basil, and oregano. Then I threw in a can of diced tomatoes and three cans of chicken broth and boiled. Finally, I tossed in some whole-wheat three-cheese tortellini and salt and pepper and cooked until the pasta was done.

The soup was awesome and comforting and we both loved it!

No comments: