Breaded Pork Cutlets & Red Onion Marmalade


All recipes are part of the Healthy Calendar adventure!.

Pork Chops! Homer Simpson would be proud.

This was my first attempt at making pork chops and I have to say, they were quite awesome. I got a great little six-pack of tiny cutlets for the job, and we were very pleased. I dipped the porkies into the standard flour/egg/bread crumb sequence, except to the bread crumbs I added (per HC's Chef's Tip) salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, and basil. I also seasoned the pictured veggies with those five spices, and was quite pleased with those as well. The extra spices really made the breading extra special! I sprayed my baking pan and chops with some cooking spray, and popped them in the oven for 25 minutes.

During this time, I made the red onion marmalade. I sauteed the sliced red onion for a while, and added some red wine vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper. I have come to the conclusion that either my measuring cup is inaccurate, or these people really like their vinegar. Since everything I've cooked with the measured vinegar : honey ratio has been waaaay too acerbic for our tastes, I smartened up and added a spritz more honey this time. Then I let the marmalade simmer until the chops were done, threw some frozen veggies together, and served!

I couldn't decide between these two clips of the same episode, so enjoy!



2 comments:

Tim Chaney said...

Your pork chop breading is a lot like mine, I use a little parmesan cheese in the breading so it's like an Italian bread crumb recipe.

Hope you don't take this as criticsim but a sharing of ideas : )

Variety is the spice of life! OK I'm ready for some more football.

Twirling Towards Freedom said...

Yeah, any and all tips or suggestions are appreciated! :D