Asian Sesame Cornish Game Hens


All recipes are part of the Healthy Calendar adventure!.

Mini-chicken-carcass!

Well, before I get onto this, I'd like to hit a few serious notes. I have changed comment security so that you have to do that lame prove-you're-not-a-robot thing. I apologize! I hate it too! But I noticed I have several random spam messages on some old entries about how to get rich quick! and whatnot. So far, it is still possible to post anonymously, but only if you are human. (Frankly, though, I would love to know who my anonymous commenters are!)

Secondly, you may have noticed a Paypal donation box on the left of the screen. Due to reasons beyond my control, I am almost totally broke! In an effort to save money, unfortunately this expensive hobby might have to be first to go. THE MAN is threatening to take away my very livelihood! Now, I'm not going to beg, but listen to this 100% true story (swear to God):

My friend Justin donated ten dollars last night through Paypal, to help me out and to hopefully fund an upcoming "Twirling Towards Freedom's Ramen Week" (course, now I have to hold a Ramen Week! See? This is what happens when you sell out - controlled content! :P). Anyway, apparently this nice gesture granted him super super karma, as today he got a super super raise at work. Apparently it pays to help me out! :D

Okay, that's enough of that snivelling. I am not licked yet! On to the henz!

This was my first time eating a Cornish hen. These little guys are really awesome! They are like a miniature, supertender version of a chicken, and probably pumped with a lot fewer chemicals since they are supposed to be small! The Asian-inspired glaze here is made of sugar-free apricot preserves, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and hot sauce. And as I'm sure you can see, I drowned the hens in sesame seeds as well before baking. By the way, sugar-free apricot preserves are incredible. They're too sweet alone, but I have definitely combined them a few times with my regular grape jelly in a PB&J sandwich.

Occasionally the book decides that they don't want to give you a side dish, so I threw the hen on a bed of zucchini. I think it looks comfortable!

2 comments:

Tim Chaney said...

Looking good as usual! I want to pick up that carcus by both legs and take a big bite : )

afterthegoldrush said...

Hey cutie, you do and you'll clean it up!