Roasted Chicken & Potato Casserole



I must admit, I totally cheated here.

The book asked me to buy a three-pound fryer chicken, cut it up, put minimal spices on it, and bake it for half an hour.

What you see here is a delicious, semi-lovely rotisserie chicken with a busted kneecap, courtesy of the Giant in Long Neck. Why would I go through all that extra trouble for the same basic cost? We also cheated on the healthiness by eating the skin, but you can keep that on the down-low.

The second dish you see here is a Potato Casserole, which Healthy Calendar claims to be "a healthy version of a traditional high-fat recipe". I am not really sure what traditional recipe they are referring to, but I thought it was a tasty casserole of hash browns, onions, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, cheese, milk, and spices. Combine and throw in the oven to bake for an hour.

The casserole paired with the chicken, which required only six minutes worth of reheating, made a great low-maintenance meal during which I could easily laze around and enjoy Watchmen.

Yes, this movie is like a year old so posting the trailer is lame, but all the good scenes are embedding-disabled! This is probably the greatest story about society and the human psyche of all time. The graphic novel and movie are both amazing, the book even being selected for one of Time magazines greatest 100 novels of all time. A graphic novel, which is basically a novel-length comic book for those of you who don't know, making it to that prestigious list is pretty amazing.

1 comment:

Tim Chaney said...

Nothing wrong with cheating. At the end of my day I usually take advantage of leftovers that would be otherwise thrown away. Even when it's not what I might prefer sometimes, when we work all day we can use a break of any kind.