Pepper Steak over Rice



Hey, all. It is Christmas Eve Eve and I am up in Vermont. I do not know if I will continue updating while I am here, since this machine is nowhere near the supercomputer I'm used to! Also, I received a copy of Watchmen for Christmas, and I have been furiously rereading it since I arrived yesterday!

But, I also realize I have an obligation to the three people who read this, and I haven't been updating nearly as often as I should to keep you all content and hungry! So here comes Pepper Steak!

This was about as simple as it looks: steak, peppers, salt, and black pepper. I'm sure I added garlic powder and cayenne to it as well though! This also marks probably the first time since culinary class [yes, the one I took almost ten years ago] that I've really handled and sliced meat before it was properly cooked. I have no idea why, but I'm entirely grossed out by it. Maybe it's because I've learned enough about microorganisms in the last ten years to turn anyone vegetarian. Maybe because the thought of slicing up a carcass turns my stomach. Either way, I'm proud of myself for finally taking the leap once more.

Seven words can sum up this meal:

Good, but not as good as Dad's.

1 comment:

afterthegoldrush said...

For a few extra coins, you can buy the beef already sliced in your butcher's case.
I always added a teriyaki type sauce to spice things up(in addition to all the ingredients you mentioned).
Oh yeah, you forgot the onions!
I have been beating the bushes for votes for you in the best blog poll.
I even i.m.'ed Val, but I think she may have voted for the competition?
Here's wishing both of you a very Merry Christmas Eve Eve.