Angel Hair with Turkey Bacon and Peas



Pasta! As with any pasta, this was a million times better the next day as leftovers. I've experimented with bacon, peas, and pasta before with good results, but this was relatively bland the first day. Fat-free sauces strike again! I shouldn't blame the sauce, I only had about a third of the bacon I needed left, and even I thought there was a lot here. Maybe this was supposed to be super-bacon!

Okay enough rambling, there is not much to say about this except once I added a ton of fat in the form of olive oil and fake parmesan cheese, it was good! Even though olive oil is a good form of fat, a lot is still high in calories. While a tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of butter each have approximately 120 calories, the olive oil is healthier because it is unsaturated.

I feel so bad because I'm like two weeks behind on this blog between eating the meal and writing about it. But!! Fret not, dear reader, as I will be away for a week during Christmas, and not cooking. The back-up oughta give me something to do that week and you something to read!

I officially have all my Christmas shopping done and am looking forward to a good rest of the week at work and week off for Christmas!!!!!!!

No comments: