Roast with Vegetables & Sage Stuffing



THIS. WAS. AWESOME!!

I know I always harp about ground beef and how much it sucks, but, seriously, I can get down with a nice slab of cow. This roast was incredible! It was so tender yet cooked enough for my tastes [I like my steaks like Ronald Reagan - "Well.....". Dated joke courtesy of one of my dad's friends.]

Because I don't own an actual roasting pan, the top half of the vegetables dried out due to the small baking pan I used! They weren't bad, and they reconstituted well as leftovers. The original veggies that remained in the bottom with the bouillon and water were awesome though!

I could rave about this roast for hours, but let us move on to the stuffing. This was my first time making "homemade" stuffing [prebagged bread cubes, hence the " "], and I wasn't sure how prunes were going to fare in something like this. I also wasn't sure if they were going to make it into the stuffing at all, since I kept stealing them to snack on throughout the preceding days! Apparently, I am an old lady.

We thought it turned out pretty well, even though I don't feel the roast needed a side dish at all, really. The vegetables were enough.

***

Well, it is official - I start my Nutrition class at Wor-Wic on the 20th of January! If the study is all it is cracked up to be, I will be searching for graduate programs soon!

3 comments:

Tim Chaney said...

No foil to wrap it in? Ah still looks good and just use the drippings to moisten it up.

Nutritionists make good money, a lot of paperwork doing work for the state requirements. I'm sure you are aware.

If you can swing it I would also suggest taking HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critcal Control Points) class.

It also involves lots of paper work, documenting the food preperation process from the truck to the plate, to narrow down a potenial food bourne illness or rule it out.

Every place that serves food is supposed to have that process for every single item on their menu. Again a state requirement! You can do it.

Tim Chaney said...

Are they raisins in the sage stuffing? Try craisins next time, yum, yum. : )

Tim Chaney said...

opps I read post again and saw prunes. Good anti-oxidents.