20-Minute Chicken & Italian Veggies


Recipe courtesy of Healthy Calendar.

No, I did not alter the photo - it was really as delicious [and as hot!] as it looks. Well, maybe it doesn't look incredibly delicious to you; my eyes may be fogged by the memories of this dish.

Neither Sean nor I *really* care for chicken all that much. I hesitate to admit this fact, being born and bred in the land of Perdue's HQ, but there it is. This chicken, however, was nothing like any other chicken through which I had previously suffered. [It was of course by Perdue, why would I buy anything else?] They were covered in great spices, bread crumbs, and of course, the coup-de-gras: a sauce of lemon juice and chicken broth at the end. This chicken was flattened and then pan-seared, locking in all the moisture. I'm guessing this is why it didn't turn out too pretty, but it tasted great!

The veggies were wonderful! The zucchini and broccoli, though not actually in season, were extremely bright and flavorful. These were sauteed with the carrots for a few minutes in garlic, and then steamed for another few minutes to produce the fine work of art you see here.

This was a great, filling, starchless dish for us!

P.S. - I'm assuming this goes without saying, but a lot of times I have vegetables in my pictures that go unaddressed. You can go ahead and assume I added these myself and they require no description, as they did not come from the book. Occasionally the book gives me a meat or entree with no side dish, so I improvise to supplement the meal.

1 comment:

Tim Chaney said...

That's the way I like my chicken. That's a great looking chicken.

My favorite would be some black angus NY strip, about a one pounder medium rare. At my age now I try to be more heart healthy eating chicken.

However, seeing they can grow a whole chicken in six weeks it tends to make me wonder what and how much steroids I'm consuming. Go figure.