Polish Sausage and Sauerkraut


Recipe courtesy of the Healthy Calendar.

Happy New Year! I hope The Ten will usher in better fortune for all, as The Nine sucked. I wouldn't go as far to say my year *sucked* on a personal level, but a lot certainly changed for me. Globally though, I would say it was pretty 'lame' overall. I never make New Year's Resolutions because I try to resolve to do things throughout the year. But, if you have a resolution, feel free to post it in the comments!

Well, this is a pretty self-explanatory dish. Kielbasa and 'kraut! The recipe called for tomatoes added into this, which I thought was rather unusual. I thought it was pretty good, though next time I might want to try a different brand of sauerkraut - it was more 'sauer' than anything I had ever tasted in my life. The recipe called for a bit of brown sugar, and Sean tells me that sugar is apparently some magical vinegar-tamer, so perhaps it will need more next time!

Though we saved a significant amount of fat by using turkey kielbasa, this recipe was very high in sodium!

Sigh, I searched the entire internet for the Simpsons footage that I wanted [yes, the *entire* internet], but all I could find was the footage taken from directly BEFORE the part I wanted. I wanted the "Uter Brauten" scene, after he is made into food by the teachers!

No comments: