Chicken Drumsticks & Mashed Sweet Potatoes



Yes, I realize this is one of the most hideous photos ever, but this was a day when Archaic POS Camera decided to act up, leaving this picture as the only relatively useful yield. Pretty soon, I will start updating with photos from Amazing Sentient Camera, and we will all look back on these days and laugh!

These drumsticks started off great in theory. I really thought the marinade recipe would be wonderful [onions, garlic, vinegar, mustard, olive oil, salt, pepper, bread crumbs], but when all was said and done, I wasn't very impressed. Sean really liked them, so maybe it's just me. I guess I'm just not a fan of dark chicken meat, because the marinade smelled and tasted good when it came out, but the meat was just gross. I'm also not a huge fan of foraging carcasses for scraps [unless it is a crab carcass], which is why most of the meats I ingest are boneless. Regardless, as long as one of us likes it, I'm happy.

On the other hand, the mashed sweet potatoes were amazing! The recipe had me treat them sort of like a pie filling, so they were sweeter; next time, I'll probably try the saltier route and treat it more like regular mashed potatoes!

Sweet potatoes are a great source of Vitamin A, and a great substitute for white potatoes, especially for diabetics. They are a great source of fiber with a low glycemic index, and because they aren't *really* part of the potato family, they are not as starchy. Feeding a diabetic a white potato is akin to putting a bowl of table sugar before them and saying, "Have at it!"

2 comments:

Tim Chaney said...

I was watching a show about the Vegan diet. I forgot, do you know what food product it is they make from the animal hooves. Gotta get ready for work and no time to google!

afterthegoldrush said...

Elmer's Glue.