Italian Sausage with Pepper Medley



Looks good, eh? Almost too good? Well, I have a confession: This is a picture from the book. As I have stated before, my digital camera is a piece of garbage by now; after I took several snapshots of the real meal, the images were nowhere to be found on the camera or the computer once it was plugged in! Sorry about the flash - I tried to crop it with the best free photo editing program Microsoft has to offer! And yes, smarmosaurs, I realize scanning the image in would be the obvious solution, but my printer is not hooked up to either computer right now and I am lazy.

On the plus side, I was lucky that this image happened to be in the book, considering only 10-20 meals are featured in the picture insert!

This was absolutely delicious. I substituted Italian-style chicken sausage with some brand-whose-name-escapes-me Chicken & Apple sausage flavored with maple-syrup. It was on sale and looked too good. And it was! I also served this over the forgotten brown rice from the Unstuffed Cabbage adventure instead of with sweet potato fries, with which the meal is shown here. Sweet potato fries are actually a side dish from some other random month. Other than that, the food looked almost exactly like the picture and tasted incredible, so no complaints here!

I love peppers. I really love hot peppers, but bell peppers are obviously the best choice for eating whole. They are colorful, [always a sign of a healthy food, with the possible exception of poisonous forest berries....] loaded with Vitamins A & C, and so, so versatile! They are tame because they have a recessive gene that blocks out capsaicin, the spicy compound!

Some day I will write about the Schoville rating system, the world's hottest pepper, and why cayenne is the most amazing food known to humankind, but not today.

1 comment:

noanonymousguesses said...

Maybe Santa will bring you a new one?!