Unstuffed Cabbage



I know, I know, I haven't updated about food in forever. Dammit, my camera sucks and I've been busy and it's Christmas and I've at least been pumping in the random fodder to keep you entertained!!!

*breath*

Well, I got most of my Christmas shopping done today [the rest shall be done on Amazon] so I can rest easy for a bit!

This chaotic-looking melange is exactly what it sounds like: a delicious, simple, inside-out take on classic stuffed cabbage. It's a one-skillet meal of ground animal of your choice, broth, onion, tomatoes, vinegar, random spices, and of course, cabbage. The recipe suggests serving it over rice, but I forgot and left the cooked rice in the microwave. In hindsight, I really don't think the rice would have been a good addition anyway, so I ended up saving it for the next night's meal, with which it went exceedingly well! This was definitely something I'll make again outside of the book plan.

The meat [I used turkey, of course] provided a lot of protein and the cabbage provided a lot of fiber and vitamins C and K, among other nutrients. Cabbage is also good for weight loss and overall health!

2 comments:

Tim Chaney said...

I just happened to see my animal of choice walk by me at work today! Lmao

afterthegoldrush said...

Looks yummy! And the "after effects" will cover up the noises and smells coming from the apartment next door. At least for one night!