Beef Stew!



Nothin' beats a classic! And Daddy always taught me that it's not beef stew without Brown 'N Serve rolls!

Now I'm sure these little white devils are horribly offensive to my whole-grains-only kitchen, to this cookbook, and to all diabetics' bloodstreams, but...but....childhood nostalgia!!!! Soaked in butter!!!

After the crazy-ass weekend we had, we deserved some comfort food. And homemade beef stew is the ticket. The dish offers lots of protein, lots of fresh veggies, and lots of food-coma-happiness!

This recipe was very thick, nowhere near the consistency of my personal recipe [read: my method of bull-shitting until it tastes right] or my grandma's famous stew, which was pretty much just beef and vegetables in what seemed like straight-up broth to the untrained eye, but it was not so simple at all! It was legendary! Legendary enough to cause extreme run-on sentences!

In other news, this book is an absolute godsend, and I signed up for a community college course on nutrition today!

2 comments:

afterthegoldrush said...

And Grandma always served those Brown 'n Serves too.

Blog Editor said...

I have a feeling your recipe, likes mines, also tastes boo-coo excellent over a wood//coal fire at a primitive campsite, even if re-warmed after freezing, after a long day's hike..Yum yum.