New England Clam Chowdah!!



I just want to say, the advertisement for Bud Select was unintentional! Had I been paying attention, I would have put one of my Sam Adams bottles in the frame, and not whatever cheap swill Sean happens to be drinking this week. BUT, if you are from Budweiser[King of Beers], please don't hesitate to pay me.

CHOWDAH!!!!!!! After living in Boston, to me this word will never again have an 'R' in it. I thought the chowdah was pretty decent, since it was my first attempt at chowdah ever! Though, it's hard to say without my friend Justin, the Chowdah Connoisseur from up north, here to be the judge. Apparently the only good chowdah is from Nantucket Island, and I will now recite the limerick I penned for him years ago on the table at Legal Seafoods:

There once was a man from Nantucket,
Who ate chowdah straight outta the bucket,
"What about other chowdah?"
He'd reply even loudah:
"I told you before - FUCK IT!"


But seriously, it was pretty good chowdah, and turkey bacon was actually a nice addition to this dish, probably because its chewiness is on par with clam meat. The chowdah had plenty of protein in it, and our big-ass spinach salads were filled with iron, calcium, vitamin C, vitamin A, and lutein, the latter of which being great for the eyes! All the better to watch this great video!

1 comment:

ridgely said...

For a second there, I thought that you were going to get bawdy!