Our Horcruxes, Ourselves

For all two of you who read this blog (hi Mom and Dad,) I'd first like to explain what the heck is happening here!

I'm trying to go "back to basics."  I'm starting with all my internet personas, which have been divvied up and spread out across the web.  I keep making all these projects with different blogs/Instagrams/personas, with a whole bunch of different names that are NOT TTF.  I then feel the need to maintain them all, which let's face it, feels like work.  Then of course, they die out halfway through, because I hate anything that feels like work.

I'm sure at the time, I was making all these things to stop being "all over the place" and attract like-minded people to read one aspect of my thoughts and relate.  In reality, I felt tied to only discuss one thing at a time.  Then I ended up with a bunch of half-maintained pieces of myself all over.  My horcruxes, if you will!

But what I've discovered is, my brain is all over the place, always twirling towards freedom x3, and that is how I function best.  So over the next unspecified period of time, I will be bringing all my mares back to pasture.  I've already started by moving all the posts from my debt relief blog of 2017.  I must say, if I really wanted to spiral into a deep depression, I'd re-boot that thing to current affairs!

One thing I'm looking forward to with this reboot of my projects is that now my food instagram and my movie instagram aren't beholden to a character limit.  Now I can finally post an actual recipe with instructions AND the review.  Or a movie review that doesn't end because I ran out of space!

Until I quit halfway through again,
M

2 comments:

afterthegoldrush said...

Funny that you should bring this up. Just the other day, I was trying to figure out a common thread between these "damn kids these days" and their obsession to destroy this country. I've come up with multiple reasons: Everybody wins and everybody gets a trophy. Anybody with a mind of their own gets Ritalin. If I'm offended, you should be too. Actually, the common red thread that I came up with was J.K. Rowling... I may be crazy but, then again, maybe not.

Twirling Towards Freedom said...

"Everybody gets a trophy" is my favorite argument from "damn boomers." ;) What generation gave us all trophies!? We didn't give them to ourselves, LOL!
Ritalin is just the prerequisite to Adderall which is the prerequisite to Meth, which is of course illegal because it is not prescribed and bought in a "private sale."
I can't sanction anything JKR has said in the last decade, because frankly I don't care about her retconning the HPUniverse, but I do love the original books and movies, and also Daniel Radcliffe, because every movie he does is great!