4.19.18 - How To Dectuple Your Debt In One Day!

Note: Content reposted from other blog to minimize my internet footprint

Hey readers!

Apparently, my "short hiatus" was like 5 months long!  If I'm being honest, I stayed off the blog because I managed to go even further in debt over the past five months and was ashamed.  How can I be a pillar of good example if I am 

Now, I can rationalize this absence by revealing I managed to quickly go from $15K in debt to $186K in debt because I BOUGHT A HOUSE!!!!  

I couldn't be more excited to be a homeowner and out of the renting game.  My company is going "all in" with Rhode Island, and rent here is just getting ridiculous, so it was a good time to buy.  I found a hidden gem in a quiet neighborhood with a mortgage that is only $4 more per month than the rent I was paying to live in an extremely loud and stressful area of the city!  And I was not able to put down 20%, so that includes PMI, which means eventually the mortgage will go down from there!  In short, it was a no-brainer to buy.


I plan to post a follow-up to this entry about things I learned about home-buying that no one tells you, but for now I just wanted to put it out there that I am alive and well!

M

No comments: