9.20.17 - Blog Lag

Note: Content reposted from other blog to minimize my internet footprint

Sorry for the delay, readers!

To be honest, I have very few updates this week!  I spent a few days in Baltimore last week for a business event, and then I was visiting my family for a couple of days.  Now I'm back up north and back in the saddle again!

I got paid by Ticketmaster for my Guns N Roses tickets, so that was a nice little boon!  I spent 10% of that in a donation to the ASPCA to help the animal rescuers after all of these hurricanes.  Am I crazy, or has this been the most devastating storm season in at least 25 years?

I also am already seeing a payoff after changing around my retirement plan to 90/10, so I feel completely vindicated on that front!  I am also very happy to announce that my company met the profit sharing goal, so I will be receiving a $750 bonus in my 401k!

As far as saving money, I managed to find a 6-month trial of PodPass, which is Peapod's free delivery service!  Now I don't have to try as hard to find discounts to offset the cost, although I still will.

Also, my company has partnered with local gyms to offer a $25/month + $25 signup deal, which works even at my old LA Fitness!  So basically, I could waltz back in and get back to the same rate as before, but with no personal trainer shenanigans.  I'm not sure if I want to pull the trigger on that yet though.  I am actually curious to try a dedicated yoga studio down the street.  Now that I am back from my trip, I think I'll go over and try out their 3-week unlimited "explorer pass" for $30.

My figures kinda feel like they are going backwards since my Blue Cash Preferred finally rolled over into carrying a balance, but I know I'm going to take care of it in due time, especially when I get $200 knocked off my bill after I hit $1000 spend.


Hope to have more updates next week!
M

No comments: