9.1.17 - Crunch Time

Note: Content reposted from another blog to minimize my internet footprint

Hey readers!

Times are feeling a little thin lately, and so will be the updates! 

The last several weeks have been way more expensive and social than I am used to.  It has been a great summer, of course, with a lot of great food and experiences, but my last paycheck felt a little thin after all was said and done!  And this week is a rent week, so I am definitely feeling the crunch on this pay period too! 

I have to say though, I am very proud of myself for managing to still stick to my Action Plan no matter what.  I took care of my credit card statement charges + minimums this week, and also started the first week of my 52 Week Challenge - I've only $1 so far, but it is a good start!  Full disclosure, putting a few bills on my new Amex BCP is helping to get me through until I'm back in black in two weeks.  Again I am proud of myself because in the past I would have justified only paying the minimums on my credit cards.  I foresee no issues getting to the $1000 spend with the BCP just on regular bills, so that is a plus!

I do have some exciting potential news, but I don't want to reveal too much before it happens, so here is the teaser trailer:  I found I might be getting back a few hundies that are owed to me by the state of Maryland!  Every state has a site for unclaimed money owed to people by the government, utility companies, etc.  I would strongly suggest checking the unclaimed money site for any state you have lived in.  You never know!

That is really all I have to share this week! 


Have a fun and safe Labor Day weekend!
M

No comments: