10.18.17 - Internet Success

Note: Content reposted from other blog to minimize my internet footprint

Hey now!

A lot of stuff going on personally (mostly good), but not too many budget updates going on here.  I am just trying to stay the course of my Action Plan through the end of the year!  Fourth quarter is the toughest time, especially with the amount of traveling I have coming up!

I did finally make the switch to Verizon FIOS internet, after my previous provider (Cox) just wasn't cutting it.  I have considered it for a long time since Cox kept raising the price little by little after my introductory rate, but between the installation and equipment fees, it still never made sense over time to switch.  The stars and discounts aligned, however, and I managed to get a $50/month rate and no installation fee!

The technician informed me that since I owned my own router, and it was a very good one, that I actually didn't need to rent anything from them either, so that bumped the monthly fee down to a cool $39.99/month.  AND I have more space in my entertainment center since I don't need a modem.  AND it is superior internet.  Win freakin' win, baby!


Stay Spooky!
M

No comments: