The Juice Cleanse - Day Zero

So it's come to this:  A Juice Cleanse.

I mean, yay a Juice Cleanse....

I mean, yeah, that's right, I'm doing a juice cleanse, and I don't have to defend myself to you!

It occurred to me that my biggest expenditure (other than my rent of course) is food.  It has also occurred to me that I have been spending a lot of money on dining out.  It has also occurred to me that I am not very healthy, or at least not as healthy as I would like to be.  Is anyone ever as healthy as they would like to be?

I don't eat the greatest because, quite frankly, I live alone and am a little too lazy and unmotivated.  I just want someone to tell me exactly how and what to eat every day, like a meal plan, or I'm completely lost.  I don't have the patience, knowledge, or wherewithal to do this myself, and many meal plans you find in books or on the internet end up costing quite the pretty penny, even when the information itself is free.

Two logical roads diverged in my grey matter, and I -- I chose to make them converge again, and that has made all the difference.  It occurred to me that, for all the money I spend on garbage food, I could probably spend the same or less on all these fancy fad diet meal plan things, and at least come out with a surplus in physical health!  Or at the very least, blog about it and have a fun story!

My friend Sam sent me the 72-Hour Juice Cleanse, and she completed it and didn't die, so here we go:


This really isn't bad considering you get to eat dinner.  Most of time time I don't even eat until 2 or 3PM on the weekends anyways.

Paging Meredith's broken metabolism...

I'm planning to check in daily with what will presumably be monstrous thoughts and feelings.  No coffee!  No soda! Whatever will I do?  I'm starting this on a Saturday, so if I'm a complete demon in caffeine and sugar withdrawal, I'll be in the comfort of my own home, and therefore only torturing myself and poor little Snowball.

Now, let's turn on the juice and see what shakes loose!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: