Sick. Sick? Sick!

Well, I am on the first day of what is either going to be a cold, or a really acute allergy death. I stopped taking daily antihistamines about a month ago, so who knows?

I also am in the process of quitting caffeine (root beer forever!) and soda (occasional root beer?) and maybe artificial sweeteners (no root beer D: ). I mention this because apparently caffeine withdrawal can cause flu-like symptoms, among its many charms!

I don't really preach this too much on my blog, but in my mind, I constantly wish I was like one of these ladies who really took the time to make sure I was eating sustainably and making everything from scratch and buying local organic food from farmer's markets and only eating in season and not eating processed foods or anything from a box, can, or bag, and all that jazz. But since I'm hardly a food blogger as it is, I'd like to be at least a person who does all that!

Though I am getting better at making things from scratch and at least LOOKING at where my food is coming from, nonetheless, sometimes I am just sick and need some comfort from a box.



STOUFFER'S TO THE RESCUE!!!!

1 comment:

Tim Chaney said...

Look for some Sassafras root and boil it down like tea, well you have to boil it quite a while. Tastes a lot like root beer and Mom used to tell me a couple times a year all the kids in her family when she was young had to drink it because it cleans out your system.

She didn't have fond memories of it, however I would bet she was made to drink it without sugar. I use a product called "Sugar in the raw," it's not processed and the ant's won't even touch it! I don't like artifical sweetners because ant's don't like that either. Wonder why? They know something we don't?

Hope things are going good for you and tell Sean that Tim said Howdy!