Nice Things

For the first time in a while, I'm going to write about nice things that have happened to me.

Today, I received a $25.00 MasterCard Gift Card in the mail from my company, as a way of saying "Thanks" during Thanksgiving. I pretty much work for the best company ever; they are always either doing cool things or improving our benefits. It's nice to work for a company that isn't using "the economy" as a catch-all excuse to be stingy dicks.

Yesterday, a lady customer walked by me while I was working and, after greeting me, said "Thank you so much for all the hard work you do! Wow!"

Okay, so, she might have been a little on the crazy-cat-lady side, but it was a very nice thing to say, especially since I didn't even help her with anything. It certainly brightened my day, and made me realize one thing:

WE HAVE TO START BEING FUCKING NICE TO EACH OTHER, FUCKERS. Now, that's not to say you can't put major assholes in their place with a swift verbal nutkick (or a swift real nutkick, if need be), but as a society we have to stop sucking so much at life. The technological depersonalization of life, coupled with the doom-and-gloom media, has turned us all into paranoid, evil-ass, socially retarded freaks. We'll all feel a lot better if we start being courteous to random people at the store.

Also, from the paranoid, evil-ass side of things, people are less likely to rob you/fuck with you if you personalize yourself to them first! Lawl.


2 comments:

noanonymousguesses said...

I love those Geico commercials.

word verification:

demenono

Blog Editor said...

I was actually at a convenience mart today, after a great majority of Maryland took it's usual daily shit upon mein own head, and the lady merely said 'Is that all, sweetie??' and I almost started bawling [this may be offensive to some women, but I haven't met a dude yet this comment would offend}..the only thing that surprised me more when I thanked her, through my tears, for caring was that she said to me "Sweetie, you ain't alone."