Cataclysm

This is officially going to be the lamest, geekiest, stupidest post ever. You have been warned. As something I have spent almost a QUARTER of my life doing (I literally just said, "....holy shit" out loud after typing that), it deserves a nostalgic entry.

Tomorrow, a dear friend gets put to rest. Tomorrow is the Shattering. Tomorrow is the beginning of the end for the World of Warcraft, as the world we've all known and loved for six years gets razed for a new expansion that (let's get real here) can only go so far!

Thanks, Azeroth, for all the years of fun, the nerd rage over impossible achievements and bad guild runs, the friends I've made or played with, the adventures to places even the game creators didn't want us to find, and last, but certainly not least, the all-important distraction from real life and responsibility!

Here are some lame pictures I've managed to save!


This was before I realized how to screenshot, and took a picture of the computer screen instead. This is my first arrival to Outland!


Yay! I don't really have a caption for this...this is my Death Knight cheering with a buff on her hands.


This is my recent triumph. I received one of the best mounts in the game, the purple Proto-Drake, for completing "What A Long, Strange Trip It's Been", the longest, most tedious achievement in the game. It takes at least a year to complete.


This is a picture that I hope becomes the next internet meme. This is some terrible raid group gathered under the Orgrimmar bridge, and the leader is yelling, "Y U KILL GUARDS? U JUST RUIND THE WHOLE THING" at whoever alerted the Horde guards to our presence.


My tank is bigger than your tank. You can just make out my priest hovering in front of his left shoulder on her magic carpet.


Mofokiller cheering in front of the gates of Ironforge during Brewfest.


This is the saddest picture, taken a few moments ago in front of the Auberdine docks, which in a few hours will be completely destroyed!


2 comments:

Bluezy said...

I had read the ad about the new WOW. I played part of my free card and really liked it. I try to stay away from addictive games.
I have a friend who split up with his girlfriend of many years and he got a phone call that his character was online at the marketplace selling all his hard earned items. He called the police. He was crying. His girlfriend was selling off his WOW character.

Twirling Towards Freedom said...

Wow, that's a little extreme, haha. All you have to do is tell Blizzard you were hacked!