Homemade Sausage Pizza



Wow, it's been a while! Sorry about that, but there have been a LOT of things going on in my life the last few weeks, spanning my family, relationship, finances, health, and more, and I'm not out of the woods yet. I won't go into the details, since almost everyone who reads this is a close friend anyway, and already knows the details. Some of the issues have been resolved, and things are looking up on some of the subjects, so I'm thankful for that. But I don't need to dwell here on the bad things - I need to dwell on the good things. And the best good thing is food!

This is the first meal I can officially say I invented....in theory. Clearly, I didn't invent sausage pizza, but I might have invented soysage pizza! Sadly, I made this so long ago, I hope I can remember what I did!


1 prepackaged pizza crust (or you could make your own, if that's your thing)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon of Spice World minced garlic
1 or 2 sliced tomatoes
4 links of soy sausage (or as I call it, 'fauxsage'), turkey sausage, or regular sausage, diced
grated Parmesan cheese
oregano
basil
black pepper

1. If the crust has been in the freezer, take it out first so it may thaw a bit. Preheat oven to 400 degrees (or whatever your crust's package suggests).

2. Next, brown the sausage in a skillet for a few minutes on each side. You probably want to slice them BEFORE the skillet, instead of trying to cut them after the fact like I did, which is why mine looks so butchered...

3. Coat the crust all over with the olive oil and garlic. Lay the tomato slices down evenly and top all of that with the sausage. Toss your preferred amount of grated cheese, oregano, basil, and black pepper over everything.

4. Bake for fifteen minutes or until cheese is browning.

I served this with a fresh salad, some grapes, a few slices of Pepper Jack cheese, and some flavored almonds to round out the meal.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Tim Chaney said...

Fauxsage LoL that's surely creative, the name. I know it's been a while, I'm starvin' Marvin over here! LoL Keep up the good work.

Hope things are going better for ya now. At least you stay upbeat. My friend Lenny always reminds me things can always be worse. Rock On!