Roasted Red Pepper and Goat-Cheese-Stuffed Chicken & Mushroom Rice Pilaf


All recipes are part of the Healthy Calendar adventure!.

Fancy pants! This is definitely the fanciest thing I've ever made. Hell, even the "Chef's Tip" in the book says, "Impress your gourmet friends with this easy and healthy meal!". This is cute, but I wouldn't exactly consider many of my friends "gourmets". Because all of my friends are either college age or have graduated in the last five years, I would venture to say that at least a few of them would consider anything that didn't emerge from a Kwik-E-Mart freezer as 'gourmet'.

The title is pretty self-explanatory, but I was very pleased with how this turned out! Chicken 'stuffed' with a roasted red pepper and goat cheese mixture, on a bed of mushroom and white rice pilaf. The only minor hang-up we came across was the fact that I just could not pound the chicken flat enough to roll around the filling very well. It's probably because I am a weak little girl, but I'll blame it on the fact that I bought a pound of extra thick chicken breasts [they usually come four medium chickens to a pack, but mine came with three large ones instead!]. Besides, this could have easily just been chicken topped with the filling, since that's how we all treated it anyway.

This meal marked two exciting blog landmarks for me! First, this is the last picture on this blog that was taken by Old Crappy Camera!! Second, I had my first blog guest star helping me make this meal, hailing all the way from Austin, Texas just to visit me [and you know, her family and other friends and stuff...], Jessica!!!!!:


She likes it!

This was during Jessica's Christmas visit, and after braving holidays-packed-Giant for the last few ingredients, we settled in for this awesome dinner, and a viewing of The Room, possibly the worst film of all time. I feel it is only appropriate to close this entry and this chapter of my worst-pictures blog with the worst trailer for the worst film ever.



The only thing that would have made this better was if they had Don Fontaine reading the trailer, may he rest in peace!

No comments: