7.11.17 - It Comes Down To Reality, And That's Fine With Me, 'Cause I've Let It Slide...

Note: Content reposted from other blog in effort to consolidate my internet footprint

Welcome to where it all begins!

I created this blog two years ago when I moved to Rhode Island, wanting to nail down a clever username to catalog all of my exciting adventures of exploring the smallest state in the union!

These have definitely been the most exciting two years of my life, but I was too busy experiencing them to actually post to this blog!

What finally inspired me to post is that the reality has hit me that pursuing my career - and more money - has ironically led to me being more in debt than I have ever been in my life!  Moving to Providence was supposed to be the best financial decision of my life, and so far it has been the worst, at least on paper.  I have no one to blame but myself, as it was my decision to live large for two years.

That being said, I am about to turn 30 and I am ready to take responsibility and experience some big changes and create new possibilities for my life!  I spent most of my twenties paying down credit cards - the experiences I charged were well worth it, I will say - but I refuse to spend my thirties doing that!

I'm not creating an end date, because so many factors in life can change drastically, but my goal is to be completely debt-free as soon as I am able!  I have created a spreadsheet by date and balances.

I have written an Action Plan of tactics I will use, and that I will share here next.

Despite my debts, I actually have an excellent credit score!  I am certainly no expert, but in the hopes that my experience might help and educate others, I also will be posting some tips for improving and maintaining your credit score despite debt that may seem crippling.

I will start posting my Action Plan tomorrow; here are my starting balances:


Wish me luck!
M

No comments: