What the "Dilly of Some Shrimp"?

Okay, so I have totally sucked at this blog once again. I feel like I've been running myself ragged the last two weeks, as I spent all of my Sunday at a Slumber Parties event. While it was fun, waking up in the dark for the sixth day of the week sucks. Especially on a Sunday.

Work has also been crazy, but I at least got to have a pretty long conversation with my boss today that reassured me that I indeed am NOT the worst person ever at my job, and our customers are ultimately jerks. Also, he gave me the great news that I'll get to hire some helpers for the summer, which is my EXTREMELY busy season, so at least I won't be totally strung out by the workload.

This next recipe is actually NOT from the Healthy Calendar, but one of the stranger cookbooks I own. I make a habit to collect esoteric or extremely specialized cookbooks (I have one entirely on guacamole, for example).

This next book is so rare, you can't even get it from Amazon direct. Even I'm pretty sure I stole it from my mom or grandma. If you like shrimp, and I mean really like shrimp, you have to go to the masters. And if pop culture has taught us anything, that means the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company, run by Forrest Gump himself. That's right,The Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Cookbook is where I found this fast and tasty recipe.

Believe it or not, this is actually a great shrimp cookbook, teaching the many ways in which you can bake it, barbecue it, boil it, fry it, saute it, and so on. Literally, those are the chapter names. It also has great side dishes and sauces for shrimp and memorable quotes and pictures from the movie!

I should point out that every recipe in the book calls for fresh unpeeled shrimp, but in my opinion, that's too much damn work. I used precooked, peeled, deveined frozen shrimp, because that's what I had, but you're free to adapt the recipe however you wish!


Pay no attention to that balsamic vinegar - he's always trying to get the face time.

Dilly of Some Shrimp

1 pound shrimp, any size (mine were small)
2 T. minced shallots
1 T. minced garlic
1 T. butter
1 T. olive oil
2 T. lemon juice
2 T. fresh chopped dill
salt + pepper

Cook garlic and shallots in butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium, stirring constantly until tender. Stir in shrimp; cook 3 minutes or until they're pink (if fresh) or hot (if frozen, like I used), stirring occasionally. Stir in lemon juice, dill, salt, and pepper. Serve warm or cold.

I served mine with couscous and steamed broccoli!

3 comments:

afterthegoldrush said...

I am officially applying for one day a week. I am serious as a heart attack yak...yak!

Twirling Towards Freedom said...

Unfortunately, I can only hire two people at 20 hours a week, for more than just one day! >.<

I appreciate the offer!

Twirling Towards Freedom said...

I should also mention that the positions are essentially already filled, in case anyone else stumbles upon this.