Turkey Soup with White Beans



Leftovers! The Leader [Healthy Calendar] told me to utilize my leftover Thanksgiving turkey to make this excellent soup. Tasty veggies and turkey with beans and orzo, an ingredient that is quickly becoming one of my favorite foods in a dish. Orzo is a rice-shaped pasta that goes with everything and sucks up the taste of whatever it is coupled with.

Since I have a migraine and haven't slept properly in a while, I will cut this short.

But first! I'd like to say that my faith in the medical field, and, possibly, humanity, has been somewhat restored!

I've been having some issues with a tooth for years now. About four years ago I got a filling between the back two teeth in the upper right [stalkers, take note]. A few weeks later, I was out to dinner with a friend and I felt something break in my mouth. The extreme pain made me think the filling was knocked out, and I returned to the dentist for him to tell me that it was just a small leftover piece that broke off, and everything important was still intact.

The tooth remained fine for a couple years until a few weeks ago, when I started getting extreme pain and sensitivity due to cold or sweetness. I have been uninsured for about six months now, but I could not postpone having this fixed; that's what credit cards are for!

(Not to mention that even if I *was* insured with my company's crappy cheap option insurance, I'd have to wait three months anyway to get it done! At least I can pretend I'm sticking it to The Man before I'm forced to relinquish all privacy to him in a few years!)

Anyway, I went in today, and it turns out the filling was not broken or missing, it was LOOSE. How weird is that? Since I take my fillings like a hardass [sans Novocaine], I braced myself for impact, and had a brand new, better-than-before filling in ten minutes time. He wished me a Merry Christmas and sent me on my way.

Okay, all this exposition was pretty unnecessary, but I like to hear myself type. The great part was when I went to the lady up front to pay she said he wasn't going to charge me for it!! She also wished me a Merry Christmas and I half-joked that I better get out of there fast before he changed his mind! I don't know if he gave me a break since I'm an uninsured hobo-looking kid (I came in my work clothes), or because he was impressed by my unshaken demeanor when he was drilling my not-numb nerve, or because he knows my mom and aunts, or because he's just a stand-up guy?

Either way, it was great!!! For once, I could say going to the dentist was probably the best part of my day!

No comments: