Pumpkin Pancakes



So far, this has been my LEAST favorite thing to make. I hate baking, and I had never made pancakes before. To be honest, they don't taste as bad as they look, but that's all I can say for it.

Sean claims to have liked them, but I found them barely above palatable - at least, not without a bunch of cinnamon, nutmeg, and honey to marinate them in.

I don't know if it was because I had already eaten something with pumpkin in it earlier, the fact that I wasn't really in the mood for something sweet, or the absolute weirdness of mushy [because of the pumpkin texture] pancakes. It might have also been the fact that there wasn't very much sweetness going on at all in this recipe [only 2 T. of brown sugar], something I've come to expect in droves in pumpkin-flavored baked goods!

At least we got some beta-carotene, which protects against heart disease and types of cancer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, I made some pretty darn good pumpkin pancakes this week with Batter Blaster. Found the recipe on their website. Fast and easy.

Jessica said...

I've tried Batter Blaster, the novelty pancake spray, and I've never had any luck. When I visit in December, I'll learn you some scratch pancakes.

Tim Chaney said...

Just a suggestion, maybe blend some pumpkin with some real New England maple syrup? Use it as a decoritive topping?

My job forces me to turn the recipe into a simple and faster form of production with the complex features to enhance the palate.